A new chapter is starting in my life... but I have no idea yet what it will be called, though perhaps this is always the case unless one is blessed with uncommon prescience or cursed with absolute predictability in life. I will be travelling to Latin America (via San Fran) and then back 'home' to Southeast Asia (via Dubai) over the course of 5-6 months. I hope to share (some of) my stories with you as they unfold.

Friday, October 07, 2005

hola a todos. very short post to say things are bad in guatemala -- the tropical storm has flooded many parts of the country, power is out in most parts of the country, over a thousand people have died by my estimate, and communications are poor with most roads shut but thankfully there is power and phone connections here in some places. i am absolutely fine and am staying put in san pedro with the family until things get better, the roads open up etc. am in santiago atitlan where they appear to have power and phone lines up and running. not so lucky in san pedro just yet, but much better than in san marcos where we were evacuated from and where half the town has probably been ruined.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home