A new chapter is starting in my life... but I have no idea yet what it will be called, though perhaps this is always the case unless one is blessed with uncommon prescience or cursed with absolute predictability in life. I will be travelling to Latin America (via San Fran) and then back 'home' to Southeast Asia (via Dubai) over the course of 5-6 months. I hope to share (some of) my stories with you as they unfold.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005


Subir el Volcán Pacaya, cerca La Antigua. A spectacular climb up an active volcano. As you can see, it's definitely SMO-KING at the top, and what you can't see (and what I couldn't really get good pictures of) is the spray of molten magma coming out of the top, just feet away from where we were perched on the edge of the crater when we got there! 7 of the 10 in our group were Israeli... which reflects their general domination of the travelling scene in this part of the world, as I've recently discovered from seeing not just lots of them but also loads of signs in Hebrew and meeting little local kids who speak Hebrew! Scary. One of the Israeli girls went so far as to describe my next stop after Antigua -- San Pedro La Laguna -- as 'Gaza!!'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home