A new chapter is starting in my life... but I have no idea yet what it will be called, though perhaps this is always the case unless one is blessed with uncommon prescience or cursed with absolute predictability in life. I will be travelling to Latin America (via San Fran) and then back 'home' to Southeast Asia (via Dubai) over the course of 5-6 months. I hope to share (some of) my stories with you as they unfold.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

So here I am in San Pedro La Laguna on Lago de Atitlan. It's AMAZING. The scenery is absolutely stunning, the weather perfect, the language school excellent (with classes conducted in the gardens overlooking the lake) and the mochilero (i.e. backpacker) crowd very friendly indeed. I'm living with my fantastic local 'parents' -- Francisco y Paulina -- who are doing a great job housing and feeding Lars -- my 'brother' for a few weeks -- and me. I have learnt more Spanish in two days than I ever thought was possible, despite the fact that my maestro was taking no chances yesterday with the inaugural lesson, beginning as he did with 'El Alfabeto!' Aprendo mucho pero debo estudiar mucho tambien! Sorry guys I haven't worked out anything but the present tense for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home