A new chapter is starting in my life... but I have no idea yet what it will be called, though perhaps this is always the case unless one is blessed with uncommon prescience or cursed with absolute predictability in life. I will be travelling to Latin America (via San Fran) and then back 'home' to Southeast Asia (via Dubai) over the course of 5-6 months. I hope to share (some of) my stories with you as they unfold.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

The captivating, wild beauty of Beng Mealea, more forest than temple really. Most of the temples at Angkor will have been in a state similar to this when first found by European discoverers at the turn of the last century. Restoration work is now beginning at this site, but I can't help feeling it would be a great shame to lose the incredible atmosphere it has in its presently ruined state.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home